An Award Winning Community

Fire Stations

The Hamilton Fire Department has five fire stations strategically placed throughout the City of Hamilton. Their placement is intended to reduce the response time from when the 911-call center receives the call until the first arriving unit reaches the scene of the emergency.

Station 1

Station 21
The City of Hamilton’s Fire Station 21 is located at 220 North Brookwood Avenue in the First Ward. The station opened on September 1, 1989.

Fire Station 21 houses Engine 21 and the hose repair and maintenance facility.

The 4,836 Sq. Ft. facility includes:

  • 160 Sq. Ft. of office space
  • 2,448 Sq. Ft. apparatus room
  • 2,228 Sq. Ft. firefighter/medic living quarters
Station 2 - The Hal Shepherd Fire Headquarters

Station 22 - The Hal Shepherd Fire Headquarters
Hal Shepherd - City Manager after whom the fire station is namedThe City of Hamilton’s Fire Headquarters, Fire Station 22 is located at 77 Pershing Avenue in the Second Ward. The Fire Station was named for City Manager Hal Shepherd whose father was retired Fire Lieutenant Harold Shepherd. The station was dedicated on December 29, 1999. 

Fire Station 22 houses the Fire Administration, Tower 22, Medic 22, the Shift Commander, Reserve Tower 28, River Rescue, the Arson Investigation Unit, the training facility and the SCBA maintenance and fill station.

The 25,596 Sq. Ft. facility includes:

  • 6,225 Sq. Ft. of office space
  • 6,225 Sq. Ft. training facility
  • 6,400 Sq. Ft. apparatus room
  • 6,746 Sq. Ft. firefighter/medic living quarters
Station 4

Station 24
The City of Hamilton’s Fire Station 24 is located at 605 Main Street in the First Ward. The station was constructed in 1930 and opened on October 9, 1930.

Fire Station 24 houses Engine 24, Medic 23, and the fire gear inspection and maintenance facility.

The 3,636 Sq. Ft. facility includes:

  • 100 Sq. Ft. of office space
  • 1,920 Sq. Ft. apparatus room
  • 1,616 Sq. Ft. firefighter/medic living quarters
Station 5

Station 25
The City of Hamilton’s Fire Station 25 is located at 335 North Erie Blvd. in the Fifth Ward. The station opened on December 17, 1974. Fire Station 25 houses Quint 25, Medic 21, Haz-Mat Truck 16.

The 6,866 Sq. Ft. facility includes:

  • 240 Sq. Ft. of office space
  • 3,650 Sq. Ft. apparatus room
  • 2,256 Sq. Ft. firefighter/medic living quarters
  • 720 Sq. Ft. Civic Room
Station 6

Station 26
The City of Hamilton’s Fire Station 26 is located at 651 Laurel Avenue in the Sixth Ward. The station was constructed in 1910 and opened on June 3, 1911.

Fire Station 26 houses Engine 26 and the tool repair and maintenance facility.

The 4,308 Sq. Ft. facility includes:

  • 150 Sq. Ft. of office space
  • 1,600 Sq. Ft. apparatus room
  • 2,600 Sq. Ft. firefighter/medic living quarters

Last updated: 6/5/2014 2:22:26 PM