Community Development Block Grant Sub-recipient Information
- Funding Year is May 1st through April 30th of every year
- Statement of Work & Budgets are due Before May 15th or ASAP
- Although your funding year begins May 1st, if your funding agreement is not complete and signed, you must not be expending funds
- Monthly Performance Reports and Draw Request are due to NDD by the 15th of EVERY Month
- Annual Performance Report is due by May 15th
- You must obtain 3 written quotes before you purchase anything at $1,001 and above.
- Non-profit agencies may use informal procurement methods for securing services, supplies, equipment or property renovations that do not cost more than $100,000 in aggregate (24 CFR84.44). Quotation/bids must be obtained from at least three (3) qualified sources. The City Departments must follow the City’s procurement procedures.
- Submit a copy of written quotes to NDD BEFORE expending funds.
- Any sole sourcing will have to be approved by NDD BEFORE you expend funds.
ENVIRONMENTAL CLEARANCE PROCESS:
- Environmental Clearance is required on ALL projects. Check with NDD whether your project has been cleared by HUD BEFORE you spend funds
PHYSICAL IMPROVEMENTS PROJECTS:
- Federal Prevailing Wages (DAVIS-BACON ACT) must be paid for all projects with more than $2,000 of federal resources. The Neighborhood Development Division will provide the appropriate prevailing wage rate determination for your project. Sub recipients must request these rates at least four weeks in advance.
- Competitive Procurement of services and equipment is a requirement in the use of these funds. If the property renovations, alterations or reconstruction costs are under $100,000, competitive informal bids are necessary (city departments must follow city procurement procedures).
- Preconstruction Meetings are necessary on all construction projects before you begin actual work. These meetings allow all involved in the project to fully understand the appropriate procedures and ensure you meet Federal guidelines for Labor Standards.
Call us if you have any questions at 785-7020 - Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm