Hamilton's large network of parks offers recreational opportunities for everyone - active or leisure. Nearly 25% of its park lands are in natural wooded settings, ranging from dense forests to open picnicking lands. You will find miles of peaceful hiking and walking paths and trails in Crawford Woods, Joyce Park, Miami Woods, Millikin Woods and Sanders Park.
Hamilton offers a variety of facility rental options for parties, picnics and business gatherings. A complete list of these rentals can be found here.
The new riverside Natural Area, adjacent to the Bike Path offers more than 150 acres of natural beauty. It includes a shaded lagoon, a wooded trail, large areas of prairie grasses and wildflowers. Here you will discover a surprising array of wildlife and waterfowl.
Few cities in the country have accessibility to such expansive natural areas - over 300 acres, all located within a short distance of downtown!
- 1,360 acres - very diverse and much larger than in cities of comparable size
- 25 neighborhood parks
- Dozens of ball diamonds, 20 soccer fields, 11 tennis courts, and 2 football fields
- Two fine municipal 18-hole golf courses, spacious modern clubhouses and dining rooms
- Riverfront paved bike path for biking, walking, roller blading (3.6 miles)
- Horseshoes, radio-controlled airplane and car fields
- Many picnic areas and shelters
- Boating, fishing
- More than 300 acres of natural and wooded areas for hiking or leisurely walking