As you may have heard, this past February the City of Hamilton received the Gold Medal as the "Best Tasting Municipal Tap Water in the World" at the 2010 Berkeley Springs International Water Tasting Competition in Berkeley, West Virginia. To take advantage of this extremely positive publicity for the City, we have constructed a water bottling facility at our South Water Treatment Plant. We recently began bottling our water and giving bottles away on a promotional basis at city events and to non-profit organizations to help promote the benefits of tap water. Additionally, we have been investigating the potential of marketing and selling our bottled water in retail stores and our goal is to accomplish this by the end of this year or early next year.
The City is holding a competition with local high school students to design a new creative label to replace our current label, a drawing of which is attached. The following are the guidelines and timeline for the competition:
1. Create a new label for the City’s bottled water. The background for the label can include a design, computer or hand-generated drawings, photographs, etc.
2. Branding - Develop a unique and catchy brand name for our water.
3. Some ideas to consider in the brand name and label are that we get our water from the Great Miami Buried Valley Aquifer; it's the best tasting tap water in the world; scenery unique to Hamilton such as the High-Main Bridge, the Sailors & Soldiers Monument, the downtown area, etc. and, of course, that the water is from Hamilton.
4. The ideal label size for the competition is a rectangle that is 15.5" wide by 4.5" tall. The actual label on the water bottles will be half that size (7.75” wide by 2.25” tall).
5. Entries are due by 3:00 PM on Friday November 18, 2010 and can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed/hand delivered to: City of Hamilton, Department of Gas & Water, Hamilton Municipal Building, 345 High Street, 4th Floor, Hamilton, OH, 45011. All entries become the property of the City of Hamilton.
6. Winners will be announced at a future City Council meeting in Council Chambers on the first floor of the Hamilton Municipal Building.
If you have any questions please contact Tim Bigler or Jim Collins with the City of Hamilton at 785-7206.