Community Development Department
Construction Services Division
345 High Street, Third Floor, Suite 350
Hamilton, OH 45011
Phone: (513) 785-7360
Fax: (513) 785-7359
Office Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday
To schedule an inspection, call (513) 785-7360, at least one business day before the inspection. A permit must be issued and paid for before an inspection can be scheduled. For permits involving a plan review, an inspection list will be attached to the construction documents that are given back to the applicant at the time the permit is issued. This list will state the different inspections that are required for that project as well as their required sequence.
Typically, inspections can take place as early as the business day following the day the inspection was scheduled. It is possible that an inspection may not be scheduled on the next business day, due to unusually high demand or other circumstances limiting an inspector’s schedule. That is why we encourage permit applicants to contact us to schedule the inspection as soon as possible.
It is the permit applicant’s responsibility to request each inspection and communicate to the owner (or the owner’s authorized representative) the date and result of each inspection.
In order to request a specific time, please schedule the inspection the business day before. Typically, the inspector can be contacted between 8:30am and 9:30am on the morning of the inspection to find out the timeframe that the inspection will be completed. We will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs.
Please provide the following information when requesting your inspection:
• Address of the project
• Permit number or permit application number
• Type of inspection being requested (i.e., footing, rough-in electric, 2nd rough plumbing, final building, etc.)
• Contact name and phone number if the inspector has any questions
• Any special access information (lock box combo, specific location on jobsite, etc.)
Other important information about inspections:
• Inspections scheduled for Electric, HVAC, Gas, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Hydronics, Fire Alarm, Sprinkler or Sewer permits must be scheduled by the permit applicant, or an employee of their company.
• No inspections can be performed in a property that is already occupied unless the owner or their authorized representative age 18 or older is present, with no exceptions.
• While the presence of the contractor, owner or their authorized representative is not required for some inspections, it is always recommended.
• The approved permit drawings that were given to the applicant at the time the permit was issued must be on site and available to the inspector for every inspection. Failure to provide these documents may result in a failed inspection and the requirement of reinspection fees.
• Inspections are performed Monday through Friday from 9am to 3:30pm.
An inspection that is not approved will require a reinspection to be scheduled after corrections have been completed. A reinspection may require a reinspection fee to be paid before the reinspection can be scheduled. The inspector will note the requirement of a reinspection fee on the inspection sticker or verbally.