An Award Winning Community

Permit application forms are available at Permit Application Forms and Other Information or in our office. To find out which application you need to submit, see below.

The following is a list of permit application forms and the work for which they apply. It is important to note that the following examples listed under each permit type are not conclusive, and the best way to determine if a permit is required is to Contact Construction Services:

Building Permit Application
(new residences & commercial buildings, change of occupancy, additions, alterations, repairs, remodeling, reroofing, decks, ramps, commercial accessory buildings over 120 square feet, residential accessory buildings over 200 square feet, fences over 6 feet tall, finished basements, swimming pools)

Electric Permit Application
(electric work for new residences & commercial buildings, new or replacement wiring, electric repairs, electric alterations, service change, temporary pole)

HVAC / Gas Permit Application
(HVAC work for new residences & commercial buildings, new or replacement furnace or other heating appliance, new or replacement air-conditioning unit, new or replacement ductwork, hoods, new or replacement gas piping)

Wet Heat (Hydronics) Permit Application
(new or replacement hydronic heating units, steam or hot water unit heaters, heating coils, radiators, conversion units, hot water pressure reducing stations, fuel-fired cooling towers, continuous baseboard or wall fin heating or ductwork, above-ground heating tanks)

Plumbing / Sewer Permit Application
(Plumbing work for new residences & commercial buildings; new or replacement water heater; new plumbing fixtures; new, replacement, altered or repaired plumbing over 10 feet in length when not involving or connecting to a water heater; outside work such as storm water, water service or sanitary service; backflow preventor)

Fire Protection / Suppression Permit Application
(new or altered sprinkler systems, outside fire lines, added or relocated sprinkler heads, gravity tanks, fire pumps, standpipes, hood suppression or other chemical agent systems, new or altered fire alarm systems, duct detector)

Sign Permit Application
(new or replacement signs greater than 2.5 square feet, signs that are not painted or laminated directly to an existing surface – may still require Zoning approval)

Demolition Permit Application
(demolition of any commercial building or structure over 120 square feet, demolition of any residential accessory building or structure over 200 square feet)

To find out more permit information, visit How Do I Get a Permit?

Last updated: 1/16/2014 5:06:31 PM