The Neighborhood Development Division (NDD) of the Planning Department uses Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME funds to administer a broad range of programs. The Division is responsible for involving residents in planning efforts related to the proposed use of the Federal funds and for meeting performance standards required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
NDD operates some programs directly to provide home repair assistance for eligible low to moderate income homeowners. In addition, the Division provides funding to nonprofit agencies and other City Departments for eligible activities including, but not limited to:
The following activities are potentially eligible for funding under our Grant Program. All such activities are required to occur in eligible areas and to benefit the low/moderate income residents of Hamilton.
- Acquisition of Real Properties
- Public Facilities and Improvements
- Clearance and Demolition
- Public Services (15% Cap)
- Relocation Payments and Assistance
- Reconstruction of Publicly Owned Facilities
- Completion of Urban Renewal Projects
- Removal of Physical Barriers for Handicapped Persons
- Historic Preservation
- Economic Development
- Planning, Design and Administrative Costs (20% Cap)
Affordable Housing Developers Request for Proposal available from Neighborhood Division at (513) 785-7020.