Health Advisory & Education
100 REASONS TO WALK!
With Spring and nice weather approaching, I would like to invite everyone to WALK. No really, just WALK! Here are 100 reasons why (Borrowed from Walk With a Doc Newsletter- with their permission!)
Walk with a Doc Newsletter
Good morning! Today we offer up our updated '100 Reasons to Walk'.
All of these are hyperlinked. Thank you for subscribing.
100 Benefits of Walking
13. Reduces strokes
28. Treats acne
31. Improves memory
41. Enhances mood
43. Boosts energy
55. Burns calories
89. Increases energy
100. Reduces inflammation
Thank you for reading and we hope you found your 'reason'.
Image does not exist
Facts About Secondhand Smoke
- An estimated 88 million nonsmokers in the United States breathe other peoples' tobacco smoke.
- Each year, about 46,000 nonsmokers in the United States die from heart disease caused by secondhand smoke.
- Secondhand smoke exposure causes an estimated 3,400 lung cancer deaths annually among adult nonsmokers in the United States.
- Nonsmokers who are exposed to secondhand smoke at home or work increase their lung cancer risk by 20-30%.
- Secondhand smoke exposure is higher among persons with low incomes: 60.5% of persons living below the poverty level in the United States were exposed to secondhand smoke in 2007-2008, compared with 36.9% of persons living at or above the poverty level.