The City of Hamilton has owned and operated its own natural gas utility since 1890. Our natural gas utility is the second oldest in Ohio and 21st oldest in the United States. Hamilton’s gas ratesare among the lowest in Ohio and the region as a whole.
Furthermore, Hamilton’s Gas System is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in Ohio and 31st largest in the United States. The Gas System serves approximately 23,000 customers through approximately 275 miles of pipelines. The City has two direct interstate pipeline connections to supply its natural gas needs:
Texas Gas Transmission, LLC
Texas Eastern Transmission, LP
In late 2014, the City of Hamilton completed construction of the area’s first public compressed natural gas (CNG) fueling station. Learn more here.